Friday, February 19, 2010

we consider ourselves


Food Critics

Ever since attending culinary school, going out to eat most of the
time is ruined for me. I analyse everything about the presentation,
how quickly our meals come out, if it is cooked correctly.

I love when I am pleasantly surprised with a perfect experience!
Like I had at Benja's on Valentine's day

So we went to Gloria's Little Italy in Provo a few weeks ago.
It was a Friday night so it was hopping. I had heared mixed
reviews but we wanted to make our own opinion.

I ordered Chicken Marsala and Nick ordered Chicken Parmesana,
two classics. First, our meals came out way too fast for a busy
Friday night. I think all we waited was a total of 8 minutes.
I know the tricks of getting a meal out quickly but from
order to table, that was too fast.

Second, my fettucini noodles had absorbed any sauce they
once had.My entree was hot from the heat of heat lamp, not
from a saute pan. I know how to make the perfect Chicken Marsala
and this was far from.

Nick was disappointed with his Chicken Parmesana but I won't
go into detail for him.

I should listen to my classmates warning! Next time I will.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You should start going to restaurants and telling us where all the good ones are and what we should order. Do the work for me please... :)