Friday, February 26, 2010

cakes.

I have been involuntarily thrown into the cake business.
Not that it is my business or anything

It was not a goal of mine to start making wedding cakes,
but when I started school at Dixie, I promised my
roommate that I would make her wedding cake.
So about 3 years later, I got a call from that roommate
ready to collect on her cake. I was super nervous because
I hadn't been through the advanced pastries class yet.

But nevertheless, I was going to make it. It kept me up
at night, and I would have nightmares of what crazy things
could go wrong.

I did it and it was really not as bad as I thought it would be.

Once you've done one cake, people think you are an expert.
I was volunteered to do a few more cakes but I am grateful
for this because it has given me great experience.

I will have a few more to add to my collection in the
next few months. Wish me luck!

Micah & Rachel Christensen
(Most recent)

Matt & Katie Anderson
(Bro & Sis-in-laws)

Nick's Cousins
(made with Angie)

Alisa & Daxton Lasm
(My very first cake made with help from Jesse)

Hopefully I will get better with every cake I make.
It has been a fun little hobby.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those cakes are gorgeous! You are so talented. I would love to try your food someday. :D

Steph and Brady said...

Linds! These are so good! Way to go! You are awesome!

Rachel and Elden said...

Wow Lindsey! You are really good! Hope you are having fun in Northern Utah. Eld and I sure miss you down here!