Tuesday, November 4, 2008

rummi rummi

Having family night is our new goal, even though every night is really family night for us. We looked up an inspirational talk about love and played rummikub. I am a rummikub virgin so nick beat me everytime. I love him. He makes everything more fun. I will win next time.

I am in love with hot chocolate and today's cold weather gave me a good excuse to make some. I tried this recipe, which needs some work, but it still hit the spot. If anyone has an exceptional recipe they would like to share with me...I would love them.

Hot Chocolate

2 ounces unsweetened or semisweet chocolate, coarsley chopped

1/3 cup sugar

4 cups milk

In medium saucepan combine chcolate, sugar and 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to boil. Stir in remaining 3 1/2 cups milk. I love cinnamon so add that now if desired. Heat through, but do not boil. The chocolate flakes with infuse into the milk as heated. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows or if your like me, add both.

5 comments:

Megano said...

you figured out how to round the edges!!! Well done, it looks so cute!!! We also need to do FHE.... good for you guys!!! I need your number!!! Maybe I will just give you mine on facebook so the whole blogging world doesn't start calling me.. HA! But seriously ;)

Lauren said...

so are you going to culinary school? that sounds like fun!

Rebecca Scano said...

Nins and lins,
The pics are awesome! The site is too cool! I love you guys! Love Mom

Lauren said...

ya I like to cook.. but i dunno if I could be a great cook.. you gonna try to go on the next food netword star?? sometime?

anna said...

Linds! how are you!? don't worry i just found you through my "blog stalking session" haha! i just want you to know that i'm SUPER jealous that you're going to culinary school, i think that's awesome! congratulations!