Saturday, November 15, 2008

chuck...happy birthday

today is the birthday of my life long friend Miss Arrienne Mae Shaw Winzeler (Chuck). She is my best friend! She knows me better than anyone else. Even Nick. Some of my favorite memories and favorite things about Chuck are as follows:
flooding of the jacuzzi (Scarred me for life)
living in the camper
all of our clubs that never lasted longer than a week
the hut
spending all day cleaning both of our houses just so we could have a sleep-over
sneeking Michael Jackson and Tori Amos music videos
Ever After
cutting your hair. (layers)
dressing up in your moms scarfs
having tea parties at grandma Ivy's
"take me now"
heart to hearts that lasted all night long
barbies barbies barbies
discovering how to microwave carrots
picking strawberries
"get out of my way"
sumo wrestling on the tramp
after church snacking
exchanging kinky tips
sugar and spice (gotta hold on, gotta have fun, make things right)
I could go on forever. I am so grateful for her. She has been a blessing in my life. It has almost been 20 years and I couldn't love her more. I hope you have a perfect birthday girlfriend.

So this year for her birthday we went to the Hotel Cafe Tour and saw Meiko, Rachel Yamagata, Emily Wells, Kate Havnevik, Lenka, and Thao. Even though I locked my keys in the car right as we were going in, it was still the bomb! We have the best time together and its like we have never been apart.



















Emily Wells or "Delicious Vinyl" is what we call this girl above. She is thinking about her girlfriend while she is serenading us. Oh well. Different strokes. All the girls that played were amazing! Wish everyone could have been there.

3 comments:

Brock and Arrienne said...

Thank you so much for that awesome list of memories... Those are definitely some of my very favorites as well! That was such a cute post. I just love you so much! Thank you for being such a wonderful best friend. The concert was definitely my favorite highlight from my birthday!

Megano said...

Love the pic of you two as kids!!! Genius! Best friends make all the difference in life! Cute post!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Hi Lindsey! I found your blog on arrienne's! For some reason I didn't remember that you got married. I probably new but just forgot! How's your family doing? I haven't seen you guys forever! Anyways I just wanted to say hi! Check out our blog it's thesmithstogetherforever.blogspot.com
Heidi (Randall) Smith